Apprentices and Trainees Queensland endeavours to find and place people of all ages in Apprenticeships and Traineeships, without costs being incurred by the Trainee or the Apprentice.
AM I ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR AN APPRENTICESHIP OR TRAINEESHIP?
- Individuals who are 13 years of age or older may be eligible to undertake Apprenticeships and/or Traineeships in most occupations. QLD legislation applies some age restrictions to particular Apprenticeship and Traineeships.
- As a general rule, only Australian citizens, and New Zealand citizens who have entered Australia on a valid Passport, have unrestricted rights to Apprenticeships and Traineeships in Australia. Any other person wishing to participate in an Australian Apprenticeship or Traineeship must have a valid Visa allowing employment. Visa holders may engage in Apprenticeships and Traineeships provided their work rights allow this, based on information provided by Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIPB).
WHAT DOES ATQLD PROVIDE FOR AN APPRENTICE OR TRAINEE?
- Host Employer
- Training fees
- Wages, Superannuation, Worker’s compensation, Annual leave, Personal leave etc
- Dedicated Field Officer for mentoring, monitoring and management
- Personal Protective Equipment, including uniforms and boots
- Tool allowance (if applicable)
SCHOOL BASED APPRENTICESHIPS AND TRAINEESHIPS:
Did you know ATQLD developed the original School Based Apprenticeship program? In 1997, 12 Year 11 students commenced Boilermaking Apprenticeships under a School Based scheme. This program is now delivered across Australia and a very proud accomplishment in ATQLD’s history.
Students, particularly in years 10, 11 and 12, are able to participate in school based Apprenticeships and Traineeships which allows the student to study for their Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE), whilst working and training towards a recognised qualification.
HOW TO REGISTER:
Follow the link at the bottom of the page. Complete the registration and attach copies of –
- Up to date resume
- School results (if recent school leaver)
- Any other qualifications and/or awards
Registration forms may be submitted online, or post to: ATQLD, PO Box 1354 GLADSTONE QLD 4680, or personally deliver to your local ATQLD office. One of our staff will contact you to make an appointment for an aptitude test and preliminary interview.
At the aptitude test you’ll be assessed on the following:
- Attitude and enthusiasm
- Personal presentation
- Communication skills
- Past experience (including unpaid work experience)
- Knowledge of your chosen field
- Results of your aptitude test
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON APPRENTICESHIPS AND TRAINEESHIPS: